Track and Field
Welcome to the TJMS Track Website!
The TJMS Track and Field Team is open to all academically eligible students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. Students have the opportunity to participate in multiple events, including the shot put, long jump, high jump, 75 m hurdles, 100 m dash, 200 m dash, 400 m dash, 800 m run, 1600 m run, and relay races. Student-athletes are required to regularly attend practices that meet Monday through Friday. Student-athletes must also have a current physical in order to participate.
|Grade Level||Boys Coach||Girls Coach|
|6th||Mr. Collin Warke | firstname.lastname@example.org||Miss Tyler Perry | email@example.com|
|7th||Mr. Matt Amelse | firstname.lastname@example.org||Mrs. Jami Carlson | email@example.com|
|8th||Mr. Jim Mackenzie | firstname.lastname@example.org||Mrs. Lori Tonne | email@example.com|
- A CALLOUT MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16TH AT 7:10 AM. GIRLS WILL MEET THE FLEX ROOM, BOYS IN THE MEDIA CENTER.
- If you are interested in participating in the 2021 - 2022 track season, please sign up using this form
- Remind.com: Remind is an app used by the coaching staff to communicate with parents! It is free, easy to use, and helps the coaches communicate practice changes, weather cancellations, travel times from meets, results, and more. Sign up for Remind using this link:
- Boys Link: https://www.remind.com/join/tjtf2022
- Girls Link: https://www.remind.com/join/tjms22
Uniforms and Equipment
- All track uniforms must be purchased from Blythes Athletics (2810 N. Calumet Ave.) If you purchased a cross-country uniform in the fall, you may use this for track and do not need to purchase another. Uniforms may be used from 6th thru 8th-grade, so buy looser if you are in a younger grade level.
- Training Shoes: Whether you are a sprinter/distance-runner/jumper or thrower, you need the proper shoes to stay healthy. Please visit the Extra Mile Fitness Company @ https://www.exmico.com/ and have them consult you on proper footwear for your season.
- Spikes: Track spikes are a great way to step up your running, especially if you are serious about pursuing track&field in high school. There are two different types of spikes that you can buy: sprinter spikes and distance spikes. Click here to learn about which pair is right for you! SPIKES SHOULD NOT BE WORN IN PLACE OF TRAINING SHOES. YOU MUST PURCHASE A PAIR OF TRAINING SHOES FOR PRACTICE AND WARMUPS.
Order of Track Events
TRACK AND FIELD ORDER OF EVENTS
Team Meet Schedules